Cosmetic Dentistry Can Enhance Your Smile
There is nothing more discouraging than trying to hold back smiling because your teeth are chipped, cracked, or discolored. Thanks to today’s modern cosmetic dentistry techniques, we can help you restore your appearance and achieve long-lasting, lifelike results. At Fairfax Family Dental Care in Fairfax, VA, Dr. Charles D. Kirksey uses various cosmetic procedures to deliver personalized results to our patients. With over 30 years of experience, he can create a customized treatment regimen, that will enhance and preserve your smile for many years to come.
We offer a number of procedures to provide the smile upgrade you envision.
Dental Imperfections Cosmetic Dentistry Can Correct
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on enhancing the appearance of the smile. You may wish to pursue cosmetic procedures if you have:
- Gaps or spaces between the teeth: Small gaps can be corrected with dental bonding, while larger spacing can be addressed with porcelain veneers or orthodontics.
- Discolored teeth: Professional teeth whitening can eliminate stains and deliver a dazzling smile. Deep intrinsic stains can be concealed with custom porcelain veneers.
- Old silver fillings: Many of our patients opt to replace their old amalgam fillings with tooth-colored restorations.
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth: Minor chipping can often be addressed with dental bonding. However, more significant dental damage can be concealed with porcelain veneers.
- Misaligned or crooked teeth: We offer Invisalign® treatment so patients can straighten their teeth without metal braces. In certain cases, slight misalignment can be corrected with dental bonding or veneers.
Keep in mind that you must be in good oral health before undergoing any type of cosmetic procedure. If you have decay, periodontal disease, or other more serious issues, Dr. Kirksey will first recommend restorative treatments to improve the health of your teeth and gums.
Cosmetic dentistry can provide a balanced and natural-looking smile.
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry?
The benefits of cosmetic dentistry are long-lasting and can give patients a significant boost in confidence. Additionally, cosmetic dentistry can:
- Address a wide range of aesthetic flaws
- Give patients a more youthful appearance
- Help you make positive impressions on others
- Enhance your overall quality of life
Why Choose Fairfax Family Dental Care for Cosmetic Services?
When it comes to selecting a dentist for your cosmetic dentistry needs, the choices may seem endless. For patients in the Fairfax area, our practice provides top-tier dental care in a warm and inviting environment. Here are just a few of the reasons to choose Fairfax Family Dental Care for your cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Any dental procedure needed or desired can be performed onsite, with no need for referrals to other practices.
- We use VATECH i3 Imaging ® to create accurate 3D digital scans, allowing us to provide more precise and effective treatment.
- Our team of dental professionals has over 30 years of experience treating a variety of complex dental issues.
- We offer free consultations* to first-time patients.
- Emergency dental services are available after-hours, on weekends, and even holidays.
Furthermore, we understand that beautiful smiles and outstanding oral health go hand-in-hand. Under our care, you can rest assured that every treatment is tailored to not only help you look your best, but also contribute to a healthy smile.
* X-Rays and other imaging (CBCT-3D) may incur a fee.
A beautiful smile makes an impression of success, professionalism, confidence and good health. Using the latest advances in cosmetic dentistry in Fairfax, we can transform your imperfect smile into the one you've always dreamed of. With artistic and scientific precision, we will use one or several techniques to achieve the most natural, magnificent results.
The following are our specialties:
Teeth Whitening is a very popular procedure in cosmetic dentistry in Fairfax, VA. It is a relatively easy and effective technique for obtaining a brighter smile. We can provide in-office whitening using BriteSmile or Rembrandt light activated processes, or you can use an at-home tray method.
Bonding is a procedure where tooth-colored composite resin material is applied and hardened with a special light. The material bonds to the tooth and can be used to fill in gaps, chips, spaces and cavities. This procedure can completely change the dimensions and look of teeth.
Enamel Shaping (Contouring) is the process of shaping natural teeth to improve their appearance. Shaping can be used to correct minor cases of crowded or overlapping teeth, smooth rough edges, or make small adjustments to the shape of a tooth.
Veneers are made of porcelain and constructed to bond to the front surfaces of teeth. They are used most commonly to close spaces and straighten, whiten and repair chipped or worn teeth. The tooth must be filed down some in order to accommodate the thickness of the veneer, which is only 1mm. This process helps ensure a natural look.
Caps (Crowns) are seldom used for the purpose of cosmetic correction since the advent of veneers, but sometimes a dental crown is the best choice for a particular tooth. A tooth with a bad fracture or a large filling that is breaking down or has decay around it, may be better off with a crown.
White fillings are a more natural looking, tooth-colored material that is superior in appearance to silver or gold fillings. Since teeth are translucent, dark fillings cause the whole tooth to appear darker when viewed from the side. Replacing dark fillings with white fillings will greatly improve the appearance of your smile.
When you're ready to speak with a cosmetic dentist in Fairfax, Burke or Vienna, VA, give Dr. Simanek a call for a consultation. You'll have a thorough evaluation and will be able to discuss what your personal goals are. Together, you can decide which Fairfax cosmetic dentistry techniques will help you have a bright, beautiful smile. We can also combine multiple cosmetic treatments together for a comprehensive smile makeover.
Our office is located in Fairfax, VA, and we provide cosmetic dentistry in Vienna, Burke and the surrounding areas. We look forward to speaking with you.
Contact Fairfax Family Dental Care Today
At Fairfax Dental Care, we strive to provide patients with the most conservative and effective treatments available. If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic dentistry, schedule a visit to our Fairfax practice. As a convenience to our patients, our building is equipped to accommodate physically disabled individuals. Regardless of the complexity of your dental needs, Dr. Kirksey and our team can help you achieve your goals. Contact our office online, or by dialing (703) 423-0769.