If you've lost several teeth, basic life needs like smiling, eating, and speaking can become awkward or difficult.
The skilled dentists at Fairfax Family Dental Care in Fairfax, VA, can beautify your smile and restore your bite with custom dentures.
Are you looking forward to the day when you can eat and speak normally again? Here's how dentures can help you achieve your goals...
An Amazing Dental Transformation New Dentures Create a New Smile
Six Important Benefits of Dentures
Complete your smile and feel more confident showing off your pearly whites.
Add volume to your face, lips, and cheeks and appear more youthful.
Eat a normal diet without pain or discomfort.
Speak more clearly without worrying about missing teeth distorting your speech.
Balance your bite so you don't chew on only one side of your mouth.
Stop the teeth on either side of a gap from shifting out of place.
Tired of an Incomplete Smile? Contact Us and Let's Talk Dentures
Fairfax Family Dental Care has been providing superior general, cosmetic, restorative, and emergency dental care to Fairfax, VA, and surrounding communities for over 30 years. If you are searching for a dentures provider, you can rest assured that you will receive the highest-quality, most natural-looking dentures possible with our dentists.
All new patients receive a free consultation to learn how our compassionate dentists can restore your smile and improve your dental health with dentures. Contact our modern and inviting practice today using our convenient online form or by calling us anytime:
Call Us: (703) 385-0303
5-Star Reviews from Our Patients
Always a great experience! Friendly staff. My hygienist Elaine is very gentle but thorough, also very friendly and smart! The dentists are knowledgeable and kind. Definitely recommend!!View on Google
Dr. Kirksey is the best dentist ever and so are the rest of the dentists in their facility. Their staff is courteous, their prices are low, they are very good to people, and they have the best facility.View on Google
Types of Traditional Dentures
At Fairfax Family Dental Care in Fairfax, VA, we offer two types of removable dentures:
- Removable Full Dentures: Also known as complete dentures, full dentures are a removable option that can replace an entire dental arch. The denture consists of a gum-colored plastic base and natural-looking artificial teeth. Full removable dentures rest firmly against the gums with the help of a special dental adhesive.
- Removable Partial Dentures: This type of removable dental restoration is appropriate for patients who are missing several teeth but still have some healthy remaining teeth. Partial dentures fit between existing teeth to complete your smile. They are usually held in place by metal clasps.
We Also Offer Implant-Supported Dentures
Implant-supported dentures are firmly attached to implants that are surgically placed into your jawbone, so it is virtually impossible for your dentures to slip or fall out when you eat or talk. Meanwhile, traditional dentures held in place with adhesives or clasps can become loose or slip, causing anxiety or embarrassment.
Better Jawbone Health
The titanium dental implants, which act as artificial tooth roots, encourage healthy jawbone growth where a natural tooth is missing, preventing jaw recession. Traditional dentures cannot do this. Traditional dentures may also need to be periodically adjusted to accommodate the changing shape of your gums and bone ridge.
Finally, implant-supported dentures are much easier to care for. You can brush and floss implant-supported dentures just like natural teeth. Traditional dentures must be removed at night, brushed thoroughly, and then soaked in a cleansing solution. Because they are removed nightly, there is a greater risk of losing or damaging them.
A Closer Look at Implant-Supported Dentures
Once you are fully healed from implant placement, our dentists will attach your permanent denture. All steps of the implant-supported denture procedure, including implant surgery, can be done by our dentists at our state-of-the-art Fairfax office.
Emergency Dentures and Emergency Denture Services
Our practice is dedicated to providing you with superior, round-the-clock dental care. If a dental emergency occurs or you need to restore your smile fast for an upcoming event, please contact us immediately. Our team will get you in as soon as possible and begin work on your new dentures as quickly as they can.
Should you damage your dentures, we can also repair them in-house quickly, depending on their condition.
Am I a Good Candidate for Dentures?
If you have lost several or all of your teeth due to injury, decay, or infection, you are probably a good candidate for this smile-restoring procedure.
Before beginning treatment, you must be free of gum disease and tooth decay. These conditions will need to be addressed before dentures can be placed.
Also, if you are receiving implant-supported dentures, you must have enough healthy bone tissue to receive dental implants. A bone graft may be needed before implant surgery can occur.
What to Expect When You Receive Dentures
During your free consultation, one of our dentists will conduct a thorough examination and discuss your goals. If you are interested in implant-supported dentures, he will review your x-rays and scans of your jaw to determine whether or not your jawbone can support implants. Your practitioner will also inquire about your budget before recommending a type of denture.
- Impressions: If you decide on a traditional full denture or partial denture, your dentist will take impressions of your smile. Photos will also be taken of your teeth and gums to ensure your new dentures look just like your natural teeth.
- Fabrication: All information is sent to our trusted partner lab, where your custom restoration will be crafted by dental artisans to match the shade and shape of your natural teeth and soft tissues. The denture will be designed to fit snugly but comfortably. It can take several weeks for high-quality dentures to be fabricated.
- Fitting: When your prosthetic is finished, you will come back to our Fairfax office for a fitting. At this time, our dentists can make any adjustments necessary to ensure a perfect fit.
- Dental Implant Surgery: Dental implant surgery will be performed by a dentist at our practice. Four or more titanium posts will be placed into your jaw through incisions in your gums.
- Abutments: After a healing period of four to six months, special connectors will be attached to your implants.
- Denture Placement: After a short healing period, your new denture will be permanently attached to the connectors. You will be provided with realistic-looking, temporary dentures to wear in the meantime.